This our Belief statement. It is taken directly from our Constitution and By-Laws.
Declaration of Faith
The Holy Scriptures
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to Man. The King James 1611 Bible shall be the official and ONLY translation used by the church. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10, 26)
The Person and Work of Christ
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; 1 Pet. 2:24; Eph. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Acts 1:9-10; Heb. 9:24; 7:25; Rom. 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2)
The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
1. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14)
2. We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. (Eph. 1:17-18; 5:18; 1 John 2:20, 27)
3. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the assembly in order that they can do the work of the ministry. (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-12)
4. We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing, were temporary. Speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit and that ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing. (1 Cor. 1:22; 13:8; 14:21-22)
The Total Depravity of Man
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Man is totally depraved and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 4:17-19)
We believe in salvation by grace through faith; that salvation is the free gift of God, not by any virtue of works of man, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. That all true believers possess the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteousness, sonship in the family of God, and the divine guarantee that they shall never perish under no conditions. (St. John 1:12; Eph. 1:7; 2:8-10; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; St. John 3:16; St. John 5:24)
The Personality of Satan
We believe in the existence of satan, the deceiver and god of this present world. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall of Man; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; that he was defeated and judged at the Cross on Calvary, and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire and therefore, his final doom is certain. (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; 25:41; Rev. 20:10)
We believe in the second coming of Christ; that His return from Heaven will be personal, visible unto all the saints, and glorious, the time being unrevealed but always imminent; that when He comes He will, by resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living saints, remove from the earth His waiting church, prior to the seven-year tribulation period: then pour the righteous judgments of God unto all the unbelieving world, afterwards descending with His church and establishing His glorious and literal kingdom over all the nations for a period of one thousand years. (Ps. 89:3-4; Dan. 2:31-45; Zech. 14:4-11; I Thess. 1:10; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Rev. 3:10; 19:11-16; 20:1-6)
Destination after Death
We believe that the spirits of the saints at death go immediately to be with Christ in Heaven, “To be absent in body but present with the Lord,” That after the rapture of the church their works will be judged and rewards determined; that the spirits of the unsaved at death descend immediately into Hell until the final day of judgment, at which their bodies shall be raised from the grave, judged, and along with death and hell shall be cast into the Lake of Fire – the place of final and everlasting punishment.
Access to God
We believe in the priesthood of all believers, that Christ is our Great High Priest with no other and through Him every born again person has direct access into God’s presence without the need of an earthly and/or human priest; that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the scriptures guided by the Holy Spirit.
1. We believe that the local church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again persons. (1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22- 23; 5:25-27)
2. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; 1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11)
3. We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. (Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Rom. 16:1, 4; 1 Cor. 3:9, 16; 5:4-7, 13; 1 Pet. 5:1-4)
We believe the two scriptural ordinances given to the local church are baptism by immersion of believers only, and the Lord’s Supper to be partaken of by obedient Christians. We believe that Christian baptism, in water, is the immersion of believer in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. This shows forth in a solemn and beautiful emblem our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Saviour. It represents our death to sin and resurrection to a new life. (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42; 18:18; 1 Cor. 11:23-26)
News & Updates:Join us this Sunday to worship our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!